The kind I'm talking about are the ones that come in some sort of glass jar.
|Step 1: Freeze Jar|
1. Put the candle in the freezer for 1 hour (at least). This will help the wax come out very easily.
2. Use a butter knife to crack the wax.
3. Peel the clear plastic label off the front of the jar. (it came off really easily when the glass was cold)
4. Peel label off the bottom of the jar. (There will still be stickly glue left on the bottom. Don't worry - just get the bulk of the paper off)
5. When the jar has come to room temperature stuff a paper towel or napkin into the jar and put it in the microwave for 25 seconds or so. Use the paper towel to wipe up any wax that was left over in the jar. (microwaving the jar with the papertowel in it will help to absorb some of the wax)
6. Use same paper towel to wipe off some of the smoke from the rim of the glass (this seemed to come off easier when warmed. Don't worry if you don't get it all.)
7. Soak room temperature jar in warm soapy water for awhile. Use a spounge to wipe off the glue on the underside of the jar and wash the inside of the jar to get rid of any extra wax.
8. Use a paper towel to wipe the rest of the smoke off the upper part of the jar.
|Viola: a clean glass!|
9. The leftover wax can be put into a burner so your house can stay smelling pretty.
10. The jars can be used for any number of things from storage, to decorations, or even by placing more candles into it.