Sunday, March 18, 2012

Overnight Oats

I've been having a great time preparing make-ahead breakfasts!  It's sooo nice to have something already made for those busy mornings!

My recipe for Overnight Oats is really easy to make before we go to bed at night.  There are soo many ways to prepare it, you can really use whatever you have on hand.



Overnight Oats
1/2 C Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 C, plus 2 Tbsp  Milk, or Almond Milk (I found, for me, 1/2 was too dry, so an added two Tbsp made it perfect.  Play around with it until you find your desired consistency.)
1/2 tsp Agave
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Put all of your ingredients into a bowl, stir, cover.  Refrigerate overnight.  Enjoy the next morning!  You can add fresh fruit and berries to it, or probably even dried fruit.  I add protein powder to The Hub's and mine if I'm going to the gym right after.  You can, of course, add more or less sweetener and easily double this recipe. 


Aww cute...I make the oats for the three of us!
Do you have any favorite make ahead breakfast recipes?  I'd love to hear them! Share them in the comments!

For some other great make ahead breakfasts, check these out:
Breakfast Sammies
Pumpkin Steel-Cut Oats

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this!! :) Of course its on my menu! http://simplymykitchen.com/on-the-menu-for-the-week-of-march-1th/

    ReplyDelete