Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lesson Plan

Hi All!

I'm going to attempt to come up with some lesson plans each week for Little Man.  After I planned this one I realized how time intensive it is to plan these lessons out!  I'm sure as I start planning more lessons it will get easier (I hope) because I'll find some great sources for ideas and inspirations. 

This is the first lesson plan I've created ever.  I have absolutely no background in Childhood Education (my B.S. was in Criminal Justice) but I figured I go for it.  I feel like this may be too much to try and get done and should probably scale it down.  We'll see. 

This plan is for next week.  Since next Saturday is St. Patrick's Day I picked a "green" theme and went with the color green and frogs.

I'll try to post each day next week and let you know how things are going.  I've never read any of these books before, so I'll let you know if any of them are keepers :D  

Monday:
Book: Mr. and Mrs. Green by Keith Baker  (This book was more like a chapter book.  Nice pics though)


 Froggie went a-courtin by Iza Trapani

Art:  Color a Frog 
Exercise:  Hop like a frog
Activity:  Talk about the frog. What does the frog say?  What does the frog do? What color is the frog?  What does the frog eat?

Tuesday:
Book:  Leap Back Home to Me by Lauren Thompson

Song:  There was a frog which swallowed a......
Exercise:  Hop like a frog
Art:  Water and Marker Painting
 
Wednesday:
Book:    A Frog in the Bog by Karma Wilson

Green:  Seeing Green All Around Us by Keith Baker

Activity:  Discovery Bag (Put green objects into a pillowcase, let the kids take the objects out and explain the color and shape of the objects)
Activity:  Odd Color Out (Use objects from the discovery bag but add new color.  Tell him the color of the "odd" object.  Put the "odd object" next to the green objects and have him pick out the "odd" colored object)
Song Five Little Speckled Frogs

Thursday:
Book:  Little Green by Keith Baker



Tuesday by David Wiesner


Activity:  Color Flashcards (use colored paper to explain colors to your child)
Activity:  Show Little Man Colored frog.  What does the frog say?  What does the frog do? What color is the frog?  What does the frog eat?

Friday:
Books:  Pick out our favorite and read them again!
Activity:  Pick out our favorite activity and do it again!
Exercise:  Hope like a frog!

Shared With:
ABC and 123

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I've been trying to come up with things to do with my Little Buddy too. I'm going to check out at the library and see what books they might have left for St. Patty's Day!
    We have been reading the books by the author Because I Love You. They are great spring time books since they have rabbits and flowers in them. :)
    Very helpful post Deanna!!

    ReplyDelete