Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mommy Book

I just checked this book out at the library today, but so far I'm loving it.  It's called The Toddler's Busy Book, written by Trish Kuffner.

She provides some really great information about toddlers in the intrdocution section.  She writes that toddlers learn great in a one on one situation with their caregivers because the caregiver knows what the children like to learn about and can cater to their needs.  She writes that the little things we do with out toddlers really make a big difference in their learning.  Glad I'm making a difference with Little Man when we play peak-a-boo for the millionth time!

She also has some great suggestions for keeping a busy toddler entertained:  Keeping a "baker's box" for them to play with in the kitchen, a "rainy day" box, and a "job jar" are some of the great ideas she shares.

I'm really excited to read the rest of this book and get tons of ideas!  This book is definitely worth checking out from the library or purchasing.  I'm going to take good notes (I'm a super dork who does that kind of thing) but I may end up purchasing it, too. 

Do you have any favorite books centered around toddler activities?  I'd love to hear them in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good book to read! I don't have any books other then the American Academy of Pediatric birth to five years that covers development. So I'll have to check it out too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete