Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sweet Sunday: Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream

Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  This weekend's Sweet Stuff Sunday's desert is Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream from Ellie Krieger. I love most everything I've tried of Ellie Krieger's recipes.  She does a great job creating her recipes: she keeps them pretty healthy and pretty yummy :D She was on the Cooking Channel, although I'm not sure if she is currently (we don't have cable).  She also has a few cookbooks, I believe. 



Click on the link for the full instructions, but the recipe calls for:  Part-skim Ricotta cheese, honey, strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and sugar.  It's super easy to make. 








I've made this recipe a few times for The Hubs and me and some of our guests.  We've gotten pretty positive response from it, but if you are a person who is weird on textures, I'd skip it.  Because it's made with ricotta, it's a little on the gritty side. The Balsamic Strawberries, are very yummy, though.  I could eat a whole bowl of them!  My Mother-In-Law made a great suggestion that the strawberries might be good over marscapone in place of the riccotta.  That was a great idea and would definitely give this dish a smoother texture. 


Hope you enjoyed!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment