|My Green Smoothie|
I really thrown anything and everything into a blender. When I say anything, I mean anything: spinach, olive oil, avocado, oatmeal, pumpkin, you name it! It really depends on what I have in the house.
Here is the recipe I typically use for my Green Smoothie
- 8 oz milk (you can also use soy, coconut milk, or almond milk. I have used water in a pinch)
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (or a 1/2 C plain, nonfat yogurt)
- 1 Banana
- Heaping handful of raw green spinach (Sounds really icky - but you can't taste it at all)
- 2 tbsp Flaxseed meal (optional) *
- 2 tbsp wheatgerm (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, or coconut oil, or peanut butter (the oils sound really gross, but you can't taste them, I promise. The oil is really good for absorbing nutrients)
- Ice. However much you like: I usually add a pretty big cupful
Pour your liquid in first and pile everything else in. Blend until it's a smooth consistency. If you need it thicker, add more spinach or more banana. If you need it thinner add more liquid.
*Flax seed is an awesome additive to put in your smoothie...it's very fibrous and will make you have to go to the bathroom. If you're new to flax seed, start with a teaspoon and work your way up.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. I'll try to post a few of my other recipes up here since I usually have a least one smoothie a day.
Enjoy your Sunday!