Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Mardi Gras!

The Hubs and I celebrated Mardi Gras last night with homemade Jambalaya and some Red Bean and Rice!  Well, we attempted to make our own Red Bean and Rice, but it didn't come out very good.  The Hubs tried some and said it was okay.  Good thing I bought a box of Zatarain's as a backup! 

Our Jambalaya over white rice


The Jambalaya was good, but I think we both preferred Gumbo and will probably make that for next years Mardi Gras instead. 

I was really hoping to rent the Princess and the Frog for Little Man since it's set in New Orleans but they didn't have it at Red Box or instant streaming for Netflix. Looks like all our local video stores have gone out of business (sad), so I guess we'll have to wait for next time. 

So...my backup game plan is to try and see if Pandora has any "Mardi Gras" themed music for us to listen too.  Little Man has been looooving to dance lately, and I'm sure he'll get a kick out of the music. 

What do you have planned for Mardi Gras?

No comments:

Post a Comment