Friday, April 13, 2012

Nursery Rhymes

 I haven't read or sang any nursery rhymes since I was a little kid.  Needless to say, I've forgotten a lot of the lyrics and stories.  I've done an okay job by making up forgotten lyrics or just humming the rest of the song, but think I should try to learn them right.


I only picked out a couple books from the library this week because each of the books should have a lot of stories.

Books
Read Aloud Rhymes for the Very Young by Jack Prelutsky


Hey Diddle Diddle and other Mother Goose Rhymes by Tomie Debaola






Art
Lamb Coloring Page - color or glue cotton balls to it.  "Sing Mary had a little Lamb"
Hey Diddle Diddle Coloring page - Talk about the animals and what they are doing

Activities
Edible Playdough (If you have a recipe, put a link in my comment section below, I'd love to try it)

Jack "Jump" Over the "candle stick" - I'll lay a jump rope or string across the ground.  We'll walk or jump from one side to the other (he's  not much of a hopper yet hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment